Friday, January 23, 2009

Ewww, Gross!

Joshua threw up for the first time today. Is that baby bookable? Anywho...since we are home about 95% of the time he of course decided to throw up the other 5% of the time while we were in Walmart. What great timing my little boy has. He didn't just throw up either, he THREW UP. It was all over me, him and the floor. I guess I'm actually really lucky he didn't throw up into the cart. That would have been too nasty to even imagine. I probably would have thrown up right there with him.

I do have to say that this experience made me pretty impressed with the human race which, unfortunately, is often pretty unimpressive. I was in line at the check out when this happened and the nice old lady behind me went and got someone to clean up the mess all over the floor and a lady an isle over came over and gave me a bunch of wipes. See, what did I tell you. Pretty dang impressive. I could have given those people a kiss! Well, fine, maybe just a hug. I don't think they would have liked that though, vomit and all.


Rachel
Hug hug, kiss kiss, hug hug, big kiss, little hug, kiss kiss, little kiss

6 comments:

Eliza said...

Wow, that makes me impressed with the human race too...although, what I just posted doesn't impress me about the human race. Check it out.

Cirina said...

Rachel, I am impressed with how well you did. The first real throw up is one of the worst experiences in a mothers life, I am convinced. The first time James threw up was in the middle of Tai-Pan (why do they always wait until you are in the middle of a very public place?!?). All over me, the floor and himself. I just stood there and started crying. Finally I called my mom who was checking out to come and help me. Oh, the glamorous things we as mothers get to do. :) Thank goodness for those kind ladies around you!

Amanda said...

I haven't had that happen yet, but now I'm scared. It had to be when you were shopping without James too, right? Kids sure add lots of excitement to life.

Rhianna said...

I can't imagine. THat makes me nervous for the first time Mayah does it!

Karen K said...

Oh, so sorry! I've had a great many miserable Wal-Mart experiences with my kids, but luckily throw up hasn't been involved (spit up, yes). Although, did I tell you about the time Aubrey peed all over the floor in the bathroom in the mall? Kids make life interesting, don't they.

Jessie said...

Out of all of the bodily functions that you have to deal with with your kids I think throw up is my LEAST favorite, basically it's the one I dread! I'm glad you had help :)